Saturday, January 1, 2011

Mad Hungry for Lentil Soup!

Have you seen Mad Hungry? It's a cooking show with Lucinda Scala Quinn (Martha Stewart's Food Director).  I love how she teaches as she cooks and her style is easy and appealing to families. As I type my kids and hubby are finishing up bowls of her Vegetable Lentil Soup. Eric says it is the first he's ever had and he thought is was great--but he likes basically everything. Surprisingly the kids devoured it too. The Garlic Croutons garnishing the top is what I think made it appeal to everyone. Lentils are not something I cook a lot, but I should. They are full of fiber and protein and they are really inexpensive--just what this mama is needing in her kitchen. Did I mention this recipe came together in about 15 minutes? It simmered for 30 more- and was delish!

2 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Sounds yummy!!!

April said...

Made this tonight! Pete & I loved it! And LOTS leftover for this week and to freeze. Thanks sis!